Children are always welcome in Devon's libraries, and no-one is too young to join!
You can look at and borrow books, find out information and use library computers all for free. Our libraries also offer free activities for children throughout the year, including Bounce and Rhyme for babies and toddlers, and Book Track and the Summer Reading Challenge for older children.
Our libraries have books for children and young people of all ages and abilities:
- Board books and picture books – perfect for sharing with the very youngest children
- A huge range of stories from the classics through to popular series and the latest bestsellers
- Easy Reads for children learning or struggling to read
- Information books to help with learning, homework and hobbies/interests
- All of these books can be borrowed for free. If your local library does not have the children's book you are looking for we can usually get it in from another library, just ask the staff if you can request a book - it's free.
- All our libraries offer Wi-Fi, and we have stories on CD that children can borrow for free and films and TV programmes on DVD which can be hired.
Joining the library is free and you can even join online from home. Our friendly and welcoming staff will be pleased to see you and are always happy to help you and your family whatever your needs.