Arts Award is a nationally recognised qualification that aims to help young people aged 5 – 25 to explore their creative skills, and to develop as artists and arts leaders.
There are five different levels to achieve, four of which (Explore, Bronze, Silver & Gold) are accredited qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Discover is an introductory level.
All of our libraries are Arts Award Supporters. This means that if you are already doing your Arts Award, there are lots of ways that Devon Libraries can help you:
- All of our libraries can be a resource for your research with access to quality information about artists and arts professionals – we have a great collection of books about art, music, theatre and dance, as well as access to online reference resources via our website
- Most libraries offer art and craft activities, especially during the school holidays
- Many libraries host a variety of arts and cultural events to attend, such as author talks
- Many libraries work with partner organisations to offer workshops where you can learn new skills such as illustration, drumming, animation and circus skills
- Several libraries offer the chance to talk about books and writing, and to share your favourite authors by attending a book group
- Some of our libraries can offer you display space for your art work or performance space for you to share your skills and ideas
- There are volunteering and work experience opportunities, for example to assist with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Some libraries may offer you the chance to develop your leadership skills with opportunities to organise and run activities for younger children, or contribute ideas to help shape our library services for young people
For more information about the award, please visit the Arts Award website.