Choose from an expanding range of fiction, non-fiction, teenage and children's eBooks and eAudiobooks and they are all free.
- Always open. Borrow eBooks and eAudio even when the library is closed.
- No more late fines. Titles are automatically returned.
If you don’t have a library card or don’t know your PIN, please visit one of our libraries.
Libby (eBooks, eAudiobooks, eNewspapers & eMagazines)
- Place holds (reservations) on titles on loan, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
- Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
- Share suggestions for books you would like to see added to our collection.
Smartphone or tablet users: Download the free Libby app from your app store to borrow and read/play (Please note that the Amazon Kindle eReader does not currently support library eBook loans in the UK).
Loan periods etc
- Borrow (‘check out’) up to 5 items at a time (up to a maximum of 15 items within a 7 day period)
- Add up to five items to your cart ('basket') at a time These basket items will expire and return to view for other browsers after 30 minutes.
- 'Holds’ or reservations for items in stock will be free The ‘Hold’ limit is 5 items.
- The ‘Hold Pick Up Time’ is 3 days
- The default lending period is 14 days but you can change your personal default setting to either a 7 or 21 day loan period.
- Access eNewpapers via PressReader. You'll have full access to content from PressReader for 30 days. When it expires, you can get access through Libby again.
Borrow (‘check out’) up to 7 items at a time
Reserve titles on loan
Titles automatically expire after 3 weeks
Download the BorrowBox app from the Apple App store or Play store for Android devices. On an Amazon Kindle Fire you will need to download the Kindle Fire BorrowBox app directly from their website rather than from the Kindle store.
On a computer, go to the BorrowBox website and click the ‘Sign in’ link