Our Music and Play Set Service supplies multiple copies of play scripts and vocal/choral music, and sets of orchestral parts, to groups throughout Devon.
The service is usually staffed on Mondays and Thursdays, and operates via email or phone.
If you are emailing, or leaving a phone message, with a new request we’ll be able to deal with it more speedily if you include:
- the author/composer and title (& number of copies for vocal music)
- your name, contact phone number, library card number & the group you represent
- when you need the set and for how long (see below)
- your chosen Devon Library for collection & payment
Please give at least 2 weeks’ notice for playsets and a month for music. If we don’t hold the title, or you are looking for many copies of a vocal work, it may take longer, and incur extra request charges.
Standard monthly hire charges will be accounted to your borrower number:
- £2.00 per title for playsets
- £4.00 per set of choral sheet music or 10 vocal scores/libretti
- £6.00 per set of orchestral parts.
Please pay when you collect the copies.
Our stock doesn't include single copies of plays or vocal music, or chamber works for one player on each part. These need to be requested through our Interlibrary Loans service.
Playset service holdings:
Images (1 & 3) courtesy of Nigel Cheffers-Heard, EMG